FDAS - FIRE DETECTION AND ALARM SYSTEM
A fire detection and alarm system ( FDAS ) provides audible and visual signals as a result of the operation of manual or automatic fire alarm initiating devices such as a Manual Fire Alarm station, smoke detector or heat detector of from other protective equipment such as a fire sprinkler system.
Types of FDAS Fire Detection & Alarm System
Addressable (FDAS) Fire Detection and Alarm System
Advantages of Addressable FDAS
- Easier to install.
- More system status information at the panel and central station.
- Input/Output programming much more flexible.
- Usually much more room available to expand.
Conventional (FDAS) Fire Detection and Alarm System
Advantages of Conventional FDAS
- Lower initial equipment costs.
- Wide range of compatible devices.
- Can be easier to program.
- Limited expansion capability.
Semi-Addressable (FDAS) Fire Detection and Alarm System
Why We Need FDAS
- Detecting a fire at an early stage
- Alerting and evacuating occupants
- Identifying and guiding fire fighters
- Notifying the relevant personnel
- Activating auxiliary functions
Common FDAS Devices
- Fire Alarm Control Panel ( FACP ) or Fire Alarm Control Uniti ( FACU )
- Manual pull stations ( Detection Device )
- Smoke detectors ( Detection Device )
- Flame detectors ( Detection Device )
- Heat detectors ( Detection Device )
- Combination detectors ( Detection Device )
- Waterflow devices ( Detection Device )
- Air-Pressure Devices ( Detection Device )
- Fire Alarm Bells ( Notification Devices )
- Fire Alarm Buzzers ( Notification Devices )
- Fire Alarm Horns ( Notification Devices )
- Fire Alarm Speakers ( Notification Devices )
- Fire Alarm Strobe lights ( Notification Devices )
- Fire Alarm Horn-strobe ( Notification Devices )
- Power Supply Battery ( Back Up )
Application of FDAS
- Art galleries
- Data centers and server rooms
- Electric utilities
- DATA Centres
- Computer rooms
- Historical archive storage
- Financial networks
- Medical equipment
- Medical facilities.
- Data centers
- Marine vessels
- Pharmaceutical and medical facilities
- UPS Rooms
- Museums and libraries
- offshore Oil / gas exploration and production Facilities
- Air traffic control centers
- Control rooms
- Comms Rooms
- Record storage facilities
- Telecommunication networks / centres / facilities
- Telecommunication facilities